Saturday 3 January 2015

HELLO 2015


A very happy new year to you all! Can anyone else believe we can actually say that already?! 2014 flew by in the blink of an eye and already we are back at the time of year when we all make drastic promises to ourselves about things to change for the new year like losing weight, giving up smoking, going on a diet, etc!
This got me thinking; why do we feel that we need to change so much about ourselves? I don't know if it's anything to do with social media (which of course has its pros aswell as cons), but over the last few years it seems that we are suddenly obsessed with pressuring ourselves at the beginning of January to make drastic changes and have the body of a supermodel by March. I too am guilty of promising similar things to myself when the new year begins, but I'm starting to realise that the goals we set ourselves are unrealistic and only set us up for a fall when we don't reach them. Why don't we take a step back and look at the things we do well and the things we like about ourselves to help set realistic goals instead? Like, ''I should do MORE of this'', ''I like (x) about myself so I will continue to IMPROVE on it''.
Sure, trying new things is always a good thing to do and will help us to broaden our minds, but surely by setting ourselves obtainable and realistic goals for each month we are far more likely to reach them and feel happier in ourselves without the need to want such drastic changes in our lives...

Let's be kindER, healthiER, fittER,
HAPPIER

No comments:

Post a Comment